“I am a HongKonger..this dish is common in Chinese grilled cuisine. I learned because most of grilled restaurants are inaccessible..”
Chinese Spicy Eggplants
3 Chinese Eggplants
2.5 tbsp of oil
1 piece of garlic (chopped)
1-2 Thai Red Chili (chopped)
1 Green Onion (chopped)
2.5 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
1.5 tsp of Sugar
1 tbsp of Sesame Oil
1.Cut off the top of the eggplant and air fry at 380F for 12 minutes.
2. Prepare the sauce by mixing oil, garlic, Thai red chili, green onion, vegetarian oyster sauce, sugar, and sesame oil.
3. After 12 minutes, cut the eggplant open in the middle, and using a fork, open and flatten the eggplant.
4. Drizzle on the sauce and air fryer at 400F for 7 minutes. 5. Garnish with more green onion and sesame seeds
Back to main Recipes page
Additional recipes from Carmen
“ANTS CLIMBING A TREE”
Chinese Noodles with Minced meat
8 oz dry vermicelli noodles/glass noodles
0.5 lb ground pork (chicken, beef, or shiitake mushroom)
1.5 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 stalks green onion, chopped and separated between white and green
1 tsp ginger, minced
2 tablespoon spicy fermented bean paste
1.5 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar 4.5 cups water
1. Soak the noodles with cold water for 5-10 minutes. Once the noodle is loosened, drain and set aside.
2. Massage the minced meat with minced garlic, ginger, and white parts of the green onion. rest for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
3. Heat a wok over high heat and add the oil. Stir-fry the garlic, ginger and red chilli for a few seconds, then add the pork mince and stir fry for 2-3 mins until the meat is browned at the edges.
4. Add the noodles and soy sauce and water. Stir well – keep stirring until all the noodles are coated in the sauce and are a dark brown colour.
Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
1.5 lb of Chicken Wings and Drumettes
2 tbsp of Soy Sauce
2.5 tbsp of minced Garlic
4 tbsp of Corn Starch
¼ cup of Ice Cold Soda Water
1.5 cup of Tapioca Starch
Salt and Pepper
3 tbsp of Minced Garlic
2 tbsp of Butter
3.5 tbsp of Honey
2.5 tbsp of Soy Sauce
1. Add in corn starch, egg, and ice-cold soda water to the marinated chicken wings. Mix and let it rest for 20 minutes
2. Coat the chicken in tapioca starch, and let it rest for another 5 minutes.
3. Preheat the air-fryer to 350F for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, spray the air fryer to prevent the chicken from sticking, and add in the chicken.
4. Spray some oil on top of the chicken (optional), and fry at 350F for 15 minutes.